Dr Arthur Edward Hart Trust
Dr Arthur Edward Hart died on the 7th February 1950. Within his will he made provision for the establishment of the Dr A E Hart Trust which is for “the promotion and encouragement of education by way of bursaries and studentships or scholarships for needy students of either sex residing within the boundary of the City and County of Kingston Upon Hull.” With this is mind students are invited to apply for an award from the Dr A E Hart Trust providing they satisfy the necessary criteria.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be studying for their 1st Degree (or equivalent qualification), PGCE, LPC or BPTC.
- Reside within the boundary of the City and County of Kingston Upon Hull (surrounding villages are not included i.e. Willerby, Hessle, Anlaby, Hedon etc);
- Provide the Trustees with such references and other information as they may require and agree to permit the Trustees to verify the information provided in any manner they wish.
Providing you satisfy the above criteria the Trustees will be happy to consider your Application for an Award.
The residential requirement above is strict and relates to the applicant’s permanent address (i.e. home address). Applications cannot be considered for residents living outside the City boundary or students who are resident in Hull only because they are attending an educational institution here.
To make an application for consideration by the Trustees you must:
- Complete ALL sections of the form in BLOCK CAPITALS using BLACK INK (form available to download below);
- Ensure that ALL supporting documentation that is requested is attached to the application form (see in particular proof of registration required in Section B). Your application will not be considered if the relevant supporting documentation is not provided;
- By no later than 1st December 2016 submit EIGHT copies of the application form (i.e. the original form plus seven photocopies) to:
Dr A E Hart Trust
NB: application forms will not be returned to you. Please retain a copy of your completed form for your own records.
Applications received after the above deadline will not be considered unless exceptional circumstances are outlined in the application.
When completing the form you should note that the Trustees consider the information provided very carefully. The Trustees will give particular consideration to;
- Your proposed programme of study;
- Your income or any other means of support available to you;
- The value of any other awards that you have the benefit of;
- The costs associated with your programme of study;
- Any special personal circumstances.
PLEASE NOTE – THE TRUSTEES HAVE ABSOLUTE DISCRETION TO DECIDE THE SUITABILITY OF AN APPLICANT FOR AN AWARD, THE AMOUNT OF ANY SUCH AWARD AND THE METHOD BY WHICH IT IS TO BE APPLIED.
Grants available from the Trust are relatively modest and are most unlikely to have any significant bearing on an applicant’s decision to embark on any given course.
Applications will be considered at the Trustee’s Annual General Meeting which is held during January.
Download the Form
Please click the link below to download the Dr A E Hart form:
A form will be available for download when applications are being accepted.
*** The closing date for new applications was 30th November 2016 ***