In recent news from The SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority) there has been an alarming increase in Cyber Theft, especially in terms of Conveyancing.
With house moves being the main target, around three-quarters of these attacks involve some form of email hacking fraud, where criminals modify emails and alter bank details so funds go to the criminal.
Other targets for cybercriminals include inheritance money and law firm’s own money.
At Williamsons, we understand the importance of protecting our employees and firm from such cyber theft by following the correct procedures. These being:-
- Informing all employees on a regular basis of the different types of Malware and how to prevent any form of Phishing attack
- Keeping up-to-date with recent news on Cyber Theft
- Following and educating all employees of our Online Safety & How To Guides
- How to recognise a scam email
- What is Malware?
- How to recognise suspicious links and emails
And more… But we can’t reveal all of our secrets!
With 125 years of success, we sure know how to look after our firm.