At Williamsons, we understand that obtaining an award of compensation following personal injury or clinical negligence is only the first step of a long journey.
The second step is helping clients protect and manage that award for the remainder of their lives.
With that in mind, Williamsons’ Compensation Protection Team has been setup to help clients do just that.
Bringing together a team of our expert legal advisers from a range of specialities, our Compensation Protection Team can help in a wide range of ways, including:
- Applying to the Court of Protection to appoint a Deputy and/or Professional Deputy;
- Applying to the Court of Protection to authorise the creation of a Personal Injury Trust to hold an award of compensation;
- Creating and administering Personal Injury Trusts;
- Acting as Professional Deputy or Professional Trustee, either as a sole appointment or alongside family members;
- Managing a team of professional advisers in providing a support package, including Case Managers, Carers; Therapists, Welfare Benefits experts, Accountants, Financial Advisers and others;
- Dealing with property purchases on behalf of a Deputy or Trustees of a Personal Injury Trust; and
- Preparing Wills to help protect an award of compensation for future generations.
For an introduction to our Compensation Protection Team, please see our Team Sheet.
For an illustration of how we can help you build a team of professional advisers to support you for the long-term, please see our Structure Diagram.
If you have any questions about our Compensation Protection Team and the services they can provide, please give us a call on 01482 323697.W