Dog Bites/Dog Attacks/Accidents caused by animals
Although known as mans best friend, just like all animals dogs can at times be very unpredictable.
The law requires all animal owners to be responsible for ensuring that their animals do not cause harm to others and being the victim of a dog attack or being injured by any animal can be extremely traumatic, often leaving the victim with both physical and psychological scars.
Typical accidents involving animals include:
- Dog bites and dog attacks in parks and public places
- Dog bites and dog attacks on postmen and other delivery workers
- Dog bites and dog attacks when on somebody else’s property
- Accidents involving horseriding including being kicked or thrown by horses and similar animals
- Road accidents caused by farm animals straying or escaping onto country lanes
- People who work with or have contact with animals on a day to day basis
If you have been a victim of a dog attack, or have been involved in an accident caused by an animal owner failing to restrain or control their animal then it is important that you report the incident as soon as possible to the Police, and also seek medical attention straight away to ensure that for example puncture wounds do not become infected.
We have legal experts at Williamsons who can guide you through what can be a very complexed process in order to maximise the chances of you receiving adequate compensation. In order to find out if you can claim call us today on freephone 0800 298 6013 or complete the contact form below.