Road Traffic Accidents - Williamsons Solicitors Skip to main content


Road Traffic Accidents

We have a specialist team that deals specifically with Road Traffic Accidents (RTAs). If you were the driver, a passenger, a cyclist, motorcyclist or a pedestrian, and the accident wasn’t your fault, we will help you to receive the fairest outcome and compensation possible.

Examples of the Types of RTAs

All of our car accident injury claims are funded through Conditional Fee Agreements, which are more commonly known as no win, no fee agreements which means that there are no financial risks to you.

We are not linked with any insurance companies, which means that we are fully committed to ensuring that you get the best possible compensation award as we are only concerned with your interests, and not the interests of the insurance company itself.

We have a dedicated road traffic accident team which can deal with all types of injuries, from whiplash claims to catastrophic and life changing injuries.

If you have been injured in a car accident where you are a driver, a passenger, a pedestrian or if the injuries were caused by another motorist whilst you were riding a bicycle, a motorcycle or a horse then the first step in claiming compensation is to call our no win, no fee personal injury solicitors for a free consultation to discuss your case.

Notwithstanding a number of high profile safety campaigns to improve road safety conditions for motorcyclists and cyclists, the number of accidents involving cyclists remains unacceptably high and often lead to severe injuries. At Williamsons Solicitors we have specialist personal injury solicitors who will not only maximise your claim for compensation, but can often also arrange medical and rehabilitation treatment to maximise your recovery.

Many pedestrian victims of road traffic accidents often do not seek to claim compensation because they wrongly assume that they will be blamed for the accident. The law does in fact impose high standards on motorists to be vigilant and to constantly look out for potential conflicts with pedestrian traffic and collisions between man and motor vehicle can often result in very serious injuries.

Our expert solicitors can carefully assess the circumstances of your accident and advise as to whether you should claim following a pedestrian road traffic accident, to not only maximise the claim for fair and reasonable compensation, but if your injuries are severe we can also often help by arranging medical treatment, physiotherapy, counselling, retraining and other rehabilitation services.

Government statistics now suggest that as many as 1 in 10 motorists are currently driving without insurance, and it is often this absence of insurance cover that leads motorists to fail to stop and provide their details following a road traffic accident. In both of these circumstances a claim can still be pursued against the at fault driver through what is called the Motor Insurers Bureau.

So called MIB claims can be very complexed and it is important to have expert solicitors dealing with your claim. Furthermore, in order to succeed with claims under the “Untraced Drivers Agreement” it is a condition that the accident be reported to the Police at the very earliest opportunity, and certainly within 14 days if you are claiming for personal injuries. Failure to do so can jeopardise a claim but expert legal advice on these issues is available by contacting us on 01482 323 697.

Contact Williamsons Solicitors on 01482 323 697.


Start your Personal Injury Claim Today!


Excellent staff and couldn’t wish for a better company to deal with it very compassionate.


Review Rating Stars

They provided a friendly, thorough, fair and transparent service.


Review Rating Stars

What was an extremely difficult time for us, was handled with care, compassion and total professionalism.


Review Rating Stars

I was always greeted with a smile and the offer of a cup of coffee.


Review Rating Stars


We’re ready to chat when you are

Drop us an email or give us a call for a no obligation chat to see if we can help.