Hairdressers/Beauty Therapy/Body Art
Whenever we pay for goods and services, or just services we expect high standards of professional service from those providing the service.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 specifically states that all services must be provided with reasonable skill and care but unfortunately when it comes to hairdressing, beauty therapy and body art, there is very little regulation in the law and all too often things can and do go wrong.
At Williamsons Solicitors we have a specialist team who have helped victims of poor quality services from hairdressers and beauty therapists, including body piercing, tattoos and tattoo removals to seek compensation when things have gone wrong.
Typical injuries caused by unsatisfactory services and treatment include:
- Burns and blisters to the skin or scalp
- Hair and hair root damage
- Hair loss
- Delayed hair regrowth
- Adverse reactions to products or chemicals
- Skin damage
- Skin infections/scarring
- Eye damage and irritation
Common examples of poor quality services include:
- Failure to correctly store, use or dispose of chemical products such as hair dyes
- Failure to use products in accordance with manufacturers guidelines
- Failure to comply with manufacturer specifications or warnings
- Failure to adequately train staff
- Failure to test products for sensitivity, allergies or reactions, such as skin tests or hair strand tests
- Using faulty electrical appliances such as hairdryers and lasers
- Poor hygiene
If you or a family member have been harmed or injured as a result of negligent treatment at a hairdressers, beauty therapists or by a body artist then call the Personal Injury Department today on freephone 0800 298 6013 or complete the contact form below.