Skip to main content
CALL US: 01482 323 697
Family & Childcare
Family & Childcare Badge
Family & Childcare

Change of Name

Change of Name

Changing an adult’s name

If you want to change your name, and you are over the age of 18, we can prepare the official paperwork and execute a Change of Name Deed with the certainty of a fixed fee.

Changing a child’s name

You can change your child’s legal name provided that everyone with parental responsibility for the child agrees to the name change.

If a parent has sole parental responsibility then they do not need to produce a letter of consent.  We recommend that you do get the other parent’s consent, especially if they are regularly involved with the child, regardless as to whether they have parental responsibility.

If someone with parental responsibility objects to the change of name, you would then have to apply to the Court for permission.  The Court will take into account the best interests of the child and we are here to guide you through this process.


Get in touch:
Contact Us Back to top